Monday, May 16, 2011

Speak Now, Or Forever Hold Your Peace

The time has come to wrap this thing up, or at least to put blogging on hiatus for a good while. At this point, I can reasonably hope to write between three and six blog posts before the Big Move.

I have a little red book in which I've been jotting down ideas & possible topics. There are a bunch of them that have not yet made it into my (virtual) little black book, a.k.a. this blog:

  1. Lilianna (Part Two): specific memories
  2. How can I share all this personal stuff on the internet?
  3. Poly FAQ #7: Do You All Have Sex...Together?
  4. Endings/Transitions, and how they differ in the poly world
  5. Normalizing vs. brainwashing: Is polyamory a cult? Do I have to drink the Kool-Aid?
  6. The big poly no-no: dating someone new as way of breaking up with an existing partner
  7. Selfishness vs. “soulishness”
  8. Information STD's: where's the line between public and private information in poly groups?
  9. More on niches/specialization in multiple-partner situations
  10. Gifts (modeled after the “22 Things I Like about Being Polyamorous” list in Anapol's book)
  11. Boundary bouncing – making and breaking rules that are initially set up to make poly neophytes feel safer
  12. The polygamists in my closet: how growing up Mormon has influenced me

So, dear readers, this is your opportunity to weigh in. What still needs to be addressed? Which, if any, of the above topics should I write about before I bid you adieu? Are there other (relevant) questions that have been canoodling in your noodle?

Let me know. I've enabled anonymous comments. No one has to know who you are.

4 comments:

  1. 5, 6, 11. And what about Poly FAQ #251: But what do you do about the GOLDFISH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My personal votes are for #3, #7 and #11. Also... I'd love to read something about how to deal with getting overwhelmed with it all (even when things are going well). Unless I have the market on that one.

    And just so you know, I thoroughly enjoy your blog and will miss it while it's off sunning itself in the Northwest rain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like #7 and #12

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 7 and 12 too. And 1, natch ;)

    ReplyDelete