Sunday, January 23, 2011

Travis's A.S.S. Answers

  • A talent for intimate relationships  (6)
Well I have to wonder, given my history. Generally I've either stayed too long in something that wasn't working or pined for something that never would be able to work.  Although, usually the people I'm with seem pretty happy.  Frankly I just don't know how to answer this one.
  • High self esteem  (8)
I like myself basically; it could be higher I suppose; this seems to be on the upswing to the extent that I am increasingly true to myself.
  • A good juggler  (9)
I'm good with this as long as it is with things that I care about.  Otherwise, I'm likely to lapse into lethargy.
  • A love of intensity  (6)
This is perhaps the age speaking but my experience is that a lot of intensity really stems from some degree of psychological or emotional dysfunction, often combined with addiction.  I'm not really all that attracted to it generally, it sort of wears me down.  Passions of various colors are exciting to me - someone involved in their life and with me.
  • Appreciation for diversity  (6)
Again I believe my attitude towards this may be a function of my age.  I'm pretty comfortable with having a certain degree of limitation in my contacts.  I know the type of situations and people with whom I tend to feel comfortable.  I like to spend the majority of my time with those people in those situations.  I would also say, being an introvert I tend to form a relaltively small amount of close associations and a greater amount of more superficial contacts.
  • Interpersonal skills  (9)
I'm pretty great at this.  I tend to read people well and I don't tend to judge or expect certain behaviours.
  • Ability to be flexible, creative, and spontaneous  (9)
Because I'm such a crappy planner, of neccessity I'm pretty good at this.
  • A sex positive attitude  (9)
Can I please have sex NOW?!?
  • An independent streak  (7)
I go back and forth a bit with this.  I don't really like to do a lot of things on my own.  On the other hand I really like it when people do what I think is right.  It's better for everyone, don't you know?
  • A team spirit   (6)
Another mixed bag.  I really enjoy group creativity, but I  chafe at being part of anything organized.  Let's face it, I'm a bit schizophrenic when it comes to other people.
  • A commitment to personal and spiritual growth  (7)
In my own haphazard way, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment